Transcript of Video Below
Do you know the one important thing that you might not be doing with your employees? One thing that will help support your employees' health and wellness, help them deal with stress and encourage productivity?
What is this amazing thing?
Encouraging your employees to go for a WALK!
Some key facts:
- Getting sunshine can boost serotonin levels, making your employees feel good.
- A recent study showed that for children who were allowed to play outside for an hour prior to their math and science class led to a full grade increase in those subjects (Source: The Ripple Effect). So, imagine what a walk in the fresh air could do for your employees!
- Exercise and increasing your heart rate have been shown to be as effective as antidepressants.
You may be thinking, who has the time to go for a walk during the work day?
- Think of it this way: walking improves creativity. So, instead of sitting at your desk stumped, trying to find a solution to a problem, go for a walk - the solution may reveal itself!
- A three o’clock walk can actually reverse your circadian rhythm so that you feel as alert, rested and productive as you were at nine or ten o’clock in the morning.
So, if you think you don’t have time to go for a walk, you actually don’t have time not to!
If I can leave you with one thing: get out there and walk and encourage your employees to do the same.
Oh! And walking with a colleague is a great way to promote team building!
- For every dollar invested in your employees’ health, your return on investment will be three-fold.
Learn more about our Workplace Wellness Program by contacting Certified Wellness Coach, Kerry Lamarche at 1.800.461.1106 x. 231 or e-mail her.